Pages

Friday, May 04, 2007

2007 Seabee Days

I'm having one of those quandary days, and I need your help to figure out what I should do about it.

Last year, I entered into the 2006 Seabee Star karaoke contest. I had previously entered in 2004, but after making it to the finals, I didn't place in the top 3. I was puzzled, and thought there must be a fix on the contest. After entering last year, I again made it to the finals, and then went on to take home $300 for a first place win.

OK, so here's where you come in: Do I sign up for the 2007 Seabee Star karaoke contest to continue my reign as the Seabee Star, or do I skip it and allow someone else the chance at the title? I'm sure my biggest competitor, Joey (who has won every previous year) will be there to attempt to take the title. There was an angry mob from Joey's camp who wanted to pound me last year when he didn't even place in the top 3.

I've won several singing competitions, and I'm sure I could do just fine in the 2007 contest, but is it worth the time and energy? I have to make up my mind by June 15th (which is the deadline for registration), so I've got some thinking to do. I'd appreciate any input you could share. Go for the gold, or let someone else (i.e. Joey) have the glory?

No comments: